We know that in the past, steel plants used dust to transport mechanical methods, but the air pollution caused was very serious. Therefore, under the current environmental protection, green and energy-saving economic policy, steel mill sintered ash needs new transport methods to solve environmental problems.
According to the material characteristics, it is determined to adopt the dense phase pneumatic conveying method. Through the pneumatic conveyance test of a representative sample on the test bed, the pneumatic conveyance characteristic curve is determined, the feasibility of its operation is verified, and some operating laws are found:
1) The fluidized dense-phase pneumatic conveying method is feasible and reliable, and can be conveyed with different air flow rates and conveying volumes. 2) When transporting materials, measures must be taken to limit the flow rate of materials from the warehouse pump into the pipeline.
3) Pipes should use elbows with large curvature radius to reduce resistance and wear. 4) After the material is blocked, the pressure at the front pipe of the blocked section should be unloaded, and then the tail blocking device should be used.
According to the actual original conditions, through relevant calculations, equipment suitable for the material and its behavior characteristics is selected. Install and debug the system to achieve good results. The practice of pneumatic conveying system in the project proves that:
1) The application of pneumatic conveying system for metallurgy sintering dust removal ash is successful, and it has guiding significance and demonstration effect for the pneumatic conveying application of sintering projects in the future.
2) Comprehensive analysis with traditional mechanical conveying methods shows that its technological advancement, social benefits and environmental protection benefits are also quite significant, and its application prospects in the field of metallurgical steel are very broad.
3) The design and analysis of the pneumatic conveying system shall also determine the test procedure according to the actual situation.